About the Job
- Provides leadership and direction to all Food and Beverage outlets and staff including Restaurants, In Room Dining, Café Services and Beverage outlets.
- Manages the daily activities and monitors the performance of the Food and Beverage management and service teams.
- Verifies that all outlet operational policies and procedures are maintained throughout the outlets.
- Verifies that Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and regional Alcoholic Beverage Commissions guidelines are maintained.
- Assists the Director of Food and Beverage (F&B) in developing and managing the strategic plan for the Food and Beverage division including budget administration, forecasting, inventory and cost control.
- Manages the development of the Food and Beverage outlet management team.
- Manages and creates Food and Beverage marketing and promotional opportunities for the outlets to draw clientele from the local market.
- Monitors the status and progress of each outlet and to maintain consistency in all area of Food and Beverage operations.
- Researches market trends and concepts to recommend appropriate products, services and operational changes necessary to maintain guest satisfaction.
- Maintains and demonstrates strong knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry.
- Verifies that all Food and Beverage outlet teams are properly trained in the areas of sanitation, food safety, and customer service.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews, selects and trains employees.
- Appraises employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
- Manages the performance of the Exhibit Hall team including annual performance evaluations, career planning and training requirements.
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
- Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
5 to 10 years
About this Company
Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 7,300 properties in 134 countries and territories. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S….